Our rich assets comprise a modern control centre, employing cutting-edge technology to monitor and an emergency power generation capacity of 80MW, transmission and distribution network of around 1,000km of overhead power lines, 42 high voltage substations and electricity network carrying capacity in excess of 700MW.
We operate an interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) which handles bulk power flows into and out of the DRC. It is the only network link between DRC and the rest of Southern Africa.CEC is member of the Southern African Power Pool and listed on the Lusaka Securities Exchange.
CEC’s strategy is to:-
- grow and diversify its business by pursuing viable opportunities in the energy and telecommunication sectors;
- play a role in observing and shaping the present and future business environment for the benefit of the Company, its customers, and its suppliers;
- develop strategic partnerships with technical and financial resources to realise a shared vision of energy infrastructure development in Zambia and surrounding territories.
Factors that drive growth in CEC’s core business include:-
- expansion of mining activities by CEC’s existing mine customers;
- connection of new mines and other mining related businesses under planning;
- domestic wheeling growth from expanding residential, industrial and commercial loads on the Copperbelt;
- power trading involving CEC’s owned international Interconnector between Zambia and DRC.
Our key strengths:-
- More than 60 years of supplying power to the mines;
- Over1,000 kilometres of 220kV and 66kV transmission lines;
- Circa 700 kilometres of optic fibre on power lines;
- 42 high voltage substations and dedicated control centre;
- 80MW embedded thermal generation;
- Power transmission for national utilities – Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC);
- Co-owns and operates the Zambia – DRC Interconnector lines (DRC part owned by DRC national utility, SNEL);
- Accounts for over 50% of power consumed in Zambia;
- Licensed telecommunications provider;
- Certified biodiesel producer (900,000mt litres per annum capacity); and
- Track record of success.
Respected regionally for our skills in designing and operating transmission systems
- We are committed to supply reliable energy and high quality services to meet our customers’ unique and changing needs efficiently and proactively through robust infrastructure, diverse power sources and professional teams;
- Increase value for our shareholders through responsible and transparent corporate conduct, innovation and investing prudently.
Our VisionTo be the leading Zambian investor, developer and operator of energy infrastructure in Africa by providing innovative solutions and building strategic partnerships through committed professional teams
- Being honest in all our dealings
- Supporting each other
- Building good team relationships
- Being open to new ideas
- Developing a ‘can do’ attitude
Meet our key executive management
Owen SilavweManaging Director – CEC Plc
Owen has been Managing Director of CEC Plc since August 2014, when he also took up…
Mutale MukukaChief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer from August, 2014, Mutale is responsible for driving financial…
Christopher NthalaChief Operating Officer
Christopher was appointed Chief Operating Officer in 2013, to head the Operations…