About the Role
We currently have a career opportunity for INTERNAL AUDITOR (x1). Reporting to the Senior Manager – Assurance & Internal Audit, you will be responsible for the review and delivery of operational and system audits in order to assure accuracy and reliability of accounting and operating records, safeguard Company resources against waste, fraud, in-efficiency and measure compliance with company policies and internal controls to support the business and deliver shareholder value.
What will you be expected to do to reach success & optimal performance:
- Contribute to the preparation of audit plans by documenting activity flows of processes to be reviewed, key risks and actual controls in place to mitigate identical risks.
- Review Company internal control systems, procedures and practices to ensure their continued adequacy, effectiveness and compliance with statutory requirements, accounting standards and Company policy.
- Conduct audits as part of a team or individually in accordance with the audit plan, methodology and standards from planning through to fieldwork and reporting, develop accurate and complete audit work papers that adequately support audit findings and document work performed, reaching informed conclusions on the effectiveness of observed control environments and execute special investigations and assignments as directed by Management.
- Prepare audit reports on all findings, conclusions and recommendations for presentation to the supervisor with agreed timelines and actively contribute in audit close out meetings with Management of varying levels across the business.
- Monitor and report on implementation of agreed action points for both internal and external reviews and undertake review work in respect of significant audit findings.
- Conduct regular checks in areas perceived to be most susceptible to loss so that potential loss is minimized.
- Carry out audits of the available information systems to ensure economic, efficient and effective usage of IT resources and ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of management information.
- Contribute to the development of departmental budget, provide support to management of departmental expenditure within the prescribed budget to achieve cost control and savings, identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these or escalate to superiors.
- Demonstrate consistent behavior in line with the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk Management policies, procedures and standards, create and maintain a safe and secure work environment through proactive risk identification, reporting and management.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Accountancy Degree.
- Fully accredited member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes (within either an external or internal audit environment).
- Interaction with employees at all levels in the Company, external auditors and Company customers.
- Good understanding of the internal audit performance and implementation standards.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills to be able to effectively report any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients as well as drafting high quality (and high impact) audit reports.
- Good understanding of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methodologies and techniques such as flowcharting, interviewing and presentation.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting end-to-end internal audits in IT and applying the International Professional Practices Framework (issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors) and industry-accepted controls framework to internal audit assignments.
If you have the relevant experience & skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., Rex Mwewa_Internal Auditor). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Sunday, 3rd February 2019.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, generation and distribution company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt and owns the Zambian portion of the electricity interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.