CEC Africa Investments Limited (CEC Africa) is a leading private sector pan-African integrated energy company, positioned to become the leading African energy platform.
Riding on the power infrastructure deficit across Africa, significant gap between electricity demand and supply, growing demand and the continent’s huge power generating potential, CEC Africa was established to develop, finance and operate power infrastructure assets across Sub-Saharan Africa.
With power generation now a major focus for many African governments, CEC Africa offers innovative and targeted investments to increase generating capacity and access to quality electricity supply to power Africa’s fast-paced growth.
Covering the full power sector value chain, CEC Africa invests in projects at different stages of development – greenfield, brownfield, operating assets – and is well positioned to capture emerging opportunities in the African power sector.
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company – Nigeria
- 60% majority equity stake
- Distribution franchise area covers 4 states, including Federal Capital Territory (Abuja)
- Over 700,000 customers
Shiroro hydroelectric power plant Concession (North South Power) – Nigeria
- 600MW hydropower plant, long-term concession
- Nigeria’s newest hydroelectric power plant, in good working order
- Potential for large scale solar farm development