About the Role
The role entails carrying out security controls, motor vehicle tracking and monitoring the Company’s installed electronic security systems.
The key accountabilities are to:
- Effectively monitor events and patterns of behaviour using security equipment such as CCTV, motor vehicle tracking devices, drones, etc, in order to protect Company property and employees.
- Efficiently and effectively monitor all access points to Company premises in order to prevent unauthorised entry.
- Maintain correct, accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly logs of all security events monitored and captured on CCTV and other Company security systems.
- Detect security breaches within CEC operational areas and enforce regulations when required.
- Facilitate prosecution in the Courts of Law of all cases of theft and vandalism involving Company property.
- Coach and monitor hired guards deployed on various CEC beats in order to ensure effective and efficient guard-ship and monitoring duties and patrols.
- Facilitate efficient coordination and effective communication with stakeholders whenever crime incidents are noticed or reported.
- Maintain links with all security units in the Company in order to effectively manage rapid response.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Education: Grade 12 Certificate.
- Professional Qualification: Certificate in Law and Police Duties or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
Skills and Competences
- Physically competent to conduct surveillance and effect arrests.
- Computer literacy with suitable skills to operate electronic/computer-based surveillance systems.
- Good communication skills to effectively engage with others.
- Good writing and reporting skills.
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Focussed on priorities
- Works well with peers and supervisors
Mode of Application
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding career opportunity, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., Nasilele Katongo _Security Officer). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Friday, 9 August 2019.
- Applicants are requested to provide contact telephone numbers.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The successful applicant will be required to take up the appointment immediately.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power generation, transmission, generation and distribution and supply company; accounting for around 45% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral rich region of the Copperbelt and owns the Zambian portion of the electricity interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.