About the Role
The role entails carrying out electrical maintenance works to ensure efficient and optimal installation operations and repairing high voltage and auxiliary electrical equipment.
The key accountabilities are to:
- Undertake preventative maintenance on high voltage electrical systems to ensure their reliability.
- Carry out electrical repairs involving diagnosis, dismantling, rectification of faults, assembling, installing and commissioning of high voltage equipment such as circuit breakers, power transformers, etc.; in order to sustain Company operations.
- Carry out modification of defective components and equipment to adapt them to new operating requirements.
- Undertake the installation of new high voltage equipment at required sites of the Company to optimize operations.
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned from time to time in compliance with the Company’s multi-skilling programme.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Technician Certificate – Electrical.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with the Microsoft Office package.
- 5 years post qualification experience.
Skills and Competences
- Good analytical and observational skills.
- Should have good knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental practices and practice according to acceptable standards and regulations.
- Ability to read wiring drawings and follow wiring schedules.
- Good understanding of auxiliary switching equipment such as timers, contactors and simple relays.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Mode of Application
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding career opportunity, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., KalukwembeMalangisha _Technician Electrical). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Friday, 9 August 2019.
- Applicants are requested to provide contact telephone numbers.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The successful applicant will be required to take up the appointment immediately.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power generation, transmission, distribution and supply company; accounting for around 45% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral rich region of the Copperbelt Province and owns the Zambian portion of the electricity interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.