About the role
We currently have a career opportunity for ACCOUNTANT – NON-CORE ASSETS (x1). Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will co-ordinate all accounting activities of Power Dynamos Sports Limited (PDSL) and other Non-Core Assets (NCAs) in accordance with prescribed accounting standards, policies and procedures.
What you will be expected to do to reach success and optimal performance:
- Upload all Power Dynamos Sports Limited (PDSL) data for processing into the accounting system to secure the completeness and accuracy of generated reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely periodic financial reports to support management decision-making.
- Promptly settle all PDSL obligations and liabilities accurately, timely and in a well-reconciliated manner.
- Collate all data, analyses and commentaries with regard to budget forecasts, cost and operational performance, profit and continuous improvement initiatives for PDSL and NCAs.
- Prepare accurate and timely tax and statutory returns/reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and avoid penalties.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations on PDSL undertakings to effectively monitor operations of business for management information.
- Support insurance activities by liaising with internal and external service providers to effect timely and efficient payments of all premiums, claims and related issues.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with CEC’s health, safety and environmental standards, corporate values, standards and a professional workplace.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Intermediate qualified in Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Minimum 4 years’ post-qualification experience in a large commercial firm.
- Sound commercial acumen and thorough knowledge and hands-on experience of accounting systems, processes and financial reporting.
- Excellent command of English with good report writing abilities.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and requirements.
- An analytical mind with problem solving aptitude and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand the sources of risk and evaluating the risks and methods of their control and mitigation.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., BoozekaMwansa_Accountant–Non-Core Assets). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, distribution, generation and supply company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt. CEC owns, operates and maintains the Zambian portion of the electricity interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.