The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Analyst II – Telecommunications and SCADA based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Senior Manager – Telecommunications & SCADA.
To carry out maintenance and repair of Telecommunication and SCADA instruments in order to optimise SCADA and communication systems in the company.
- Carry out repairs of Telecommunications equipment which includes dismantling, diagnosis, repair, assembling and installation of the equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Carry out repairs of SCADA equipment which includes dismantling, diagnosis, repair, assembling and installation of the equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Participate in all maintenance and installations assigned by the Supervisor.
- Record and assess all test results of work completed.
- Ensure all works are completed within schedule and within time to avoid unnecessary overtime.
- All defects and repairs to be conducted with aid of drawings. Changes made to be reported to the Supervisor who shall subsequently report to the Engineer for drawing updates.
- Shall perform tasks of installing and decommissioning as instructed by the Supervisor equipment related to the SCADA and Telecommunication. A record of such daily works and results shall be reported to the Supervisor.
- Promote good SHE culture among by adhering to all SHE requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
|Minimum:||Grade 12 Certificate.|
|Desirable:||Craft Certificate or Technicians Certificate in Telecommunications or Electronics.|
|Accreditation:||Registered with Engineering Institution of Zambia.
Experience: At least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Electronic Circuit Diagnostic.
- Basic Computer Skills.
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., GemstoneGobe_Engineer – Cyber Security). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is 23 May 2018.