The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Energy Statistician based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Senior Manager – Account Management.
The role is primarily responsible for collecting, analyzing and processing of timely and accurate energy sales data for billing, informational and reporting purposes. The role holder is also accountable for preparing fit-for-purpose and user-friendly reports for energy supply-demand trend analysis and for decision-making.
- Gather and analyse data on electrical power transmission and consumption trends to support the production of accurate reports for purposes of billing and tariff negotiations.
- Review maximum demand and energy metering data for accuracy, completeness and validity by reconciling, verifying and validating energy data to ensure the integrity of the billing process.
- Execute reconciliations, highlight discrepancies and document adjustments of energy consumption data facilitate accurate billing.
- Undertake timely and accurate billing of CEC customers to facilitate efficient and effective revenue collection.
- Maintain databases to support the delivery of electrical energy demand and consumption analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of Gas Turbine Alternator (GTA) runs, energy market data and other key statistical data for easy reference and retrieval.
- Provide forecasts of the Company’s annual power sales and purchases based on energy transactions data and detailed analysis of trends using statistical techniques where applicable.
- Supervise the compilation of various energy statistical reports required for Management decision making and other relevant external stakeholders.
- Generate statistical analytical reports, dashboards and presentations at appropriate intervals (monthly, annually and adhoc) summarizing energy consumption trends convincingly, succinctly and credibly.
- Resolve customer queries timely and effectively and keep traceable record of when such queries are registered and closed.
- Constructively engage and interface with relevant personnel in CEC’s external customers to facilitate prompt settlement of bills.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental budget and provide support to management of departmental expenditure within the prescribed budget to achieve cost control and savings.
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these or escalate to superiors.
- Demonstrate consistent behavior in line with the Company’s HSE and Risk Management policies, procedures and standards.
- Create and maintain a safe and secure work environment through proactive risk identification, reporting and management.
- Demonstrate behavior in line with CEC values, standards and expectations of a professional workplace.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals.
- Optimize human resources in a way that ensures that maximum productivity is delivered by the section.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering. A relevant qualification in statistics or statistical analysis will be a distinct advantage.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Minimum 3 years’ (degree holder) or 5 years’ (diploma holder) progressive experience in billing, energy accounting and statistical analysis in a role and context of similar complexity.
- A solid understanding of the Zambian and SAPP power system network.
- Organised and detail-oriented – checks own work and constantly seeks to improve quality of analytical work and deliver analyses to a high standard.
- Strong analytical skills with focus on accuracy, validation and problem solving.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to be able to work efficiently and effectively using large volumes of data.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain optimal customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Track record of delivering results in a pressurized and deadline-driven environment.
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., ChinyantaLuyando_Energy Statistician). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is: Thursday, 21 June 2018.