The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (CEC) is an independent power supply, transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses, including fibre optic telecommunications, in Zambia and the Sub-Saharan African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Engineer – IT Applications (x1) based at our Head Office in Kitwe.
The Engineer – IT Applications is accountable for designing, testing, coding, securing and administering all IT systems, applications and business data so as to facilitate uninterrupted business processes in line with the overall corporate business plans.
- Analyze, define, design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy in-house application systems in line with modern software development technologies to meet company requirements.
- Supervise software development stages of all outsourced systems with a contractor.
- Be a champion of all outsourced systems to provide first level support to end users.
- Ensure business continuity features are integrated in all developed systems.
- Participate in disaster recovery exercises.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of source code and deployment documentation.
- Modify software to ensure all in-housed and outsourced business systems are kept current and reflect the changing requirements of company at all times in line with software change procedure.
- Research and evaluate unique software solutions to meet company needs.
- Carry out user training and support to end-users in relation to all in-house and outsourced systems.
- Implement software development related projects to meet the Company’s operating requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Proactively support the managemenent of the departmental budget by effecting appropriate financial and cost management measures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electornics Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Oracle application software development and analytical skills.
- Strong Business Analysis skills.
- Exposure to Microsoft Visio and UML.
- Exposure to any Project Management methodology.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ working experience in a senior IT role and context of similar complexity.
- Sound knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms and other software applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in web development using ASP.Net or PHP plus HTML plus Java Script plus CSS.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases and user support.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Strong customer service and communication skills – both oral and written.
- Demonstrate consistent behavior in line with the Company’s HSE and Risk Management policies, procedures and standards.
- Create and maintain a safe and secure work environment through proactive risk identification, reporting and management.
- Demonstrate behavior in line with CEC values, standards and expectations of a professional workplace.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals.
Mode of Application
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding career opportunity being offered, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., ChimpweteBwalya_Engineer-ITApplications). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is: Wednesday, 31 January 2018.
- Applicants are requested to provide contact telephone numbers.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- The successful applicants will be required to take up the appointments immediately.