Vacancy | FITTERS (x2)
We currently have career opportunities for FITTERS (x2).
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor – Field Mechanical, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a range of mechanical fixed plant, equipment and tools in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
What you will be expected to do to reach success and optimal performance:
- Install and modify new and existing mechanical plant and equipment in accordance with technical standards, drawings and regulatory requirements.
- Dismantle and assemble mechanical plant and equipment using a range of hand-held, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Troubleshoot and carry out fault analysis investigation on a range of substation mechanical equipment to determine root causes of mechanical faults and breakdowns.
- Assist to deliver planned and repair maintenance to drive safe and reliable system assets through diligent work execution and equipment improvements.
- Actively participate in maintenance planning and support spare requirements planning and accurately capture maintenance information on the Maintenance Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable HSE policies and standards.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- A Grade 12 School Certificate.
- An Advanced Certificate in Mechanical Fitting.
- To be fully accredited as Registered Technician or Registered Craftsman of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of fixed plant equipment and associated infrastructure in the extractive or electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Proven ability to read mechanical drawings and follow work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand maintenance manuals and assembly drawings.
- Hands-on experience and proficient use of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, lubrication, power transmission including bearings, gearing, sprockets and couplings, fans, shaft alignment, bolting, hydraulic bolting and flange management.
- Sound knowledge in the construction, installation, maintenance, repairs and fault-finding of mechanical aspects and systems of high voltage equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers and other equipment.
If you have the relevant experience & skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the file name of your application (e.g., Rex Mwewa_Fitter). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, generation, distribution and supply company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt, and owns the Zambian portion of the transmission interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.