The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Technician Machinist based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical Workshops.
To manufacture equipment components accurately and timely in order to minimise maintenance downtime and reduce procurement costs.
- Manufacture required equipment components in required time using machines to facilitate maintenance work;
- Undertake skimming and shaping duties on mechanical components to accurately shape the component to the required specification;
- Ensure that drilling, milling and slotting tasks on components are accurately accomplished to meet required specifications;
- Carry out required modifications on mechanical system components to improve existing system equipment performance;
- Engrave tugs for proper identification of equipment within the system;
- Keep records to assist in work scheduling and costing purpose;
- Carry out machining activities in the most effective and efficient manner to ensure that same are performed right the first time;
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned to him from time to time in compliance with company programmes of multi-skilling;
- Undertake and complete given assignment within allocated time frame to avoid unnecessary overtime;
- Ensure that all company resources under the section are used solely for company purposes and that there is no misuse of assets such as vehicles, tools etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 full Certificate
- Craft Certificate-Machinist
- 2 years working experience
- EIZ membership
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., Dexter Mwewa_Technician – Machinist). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is 23 May 2018