Grade: CEC4 Contract | Type: Permanent | Location: Kitwe
This role is responsible for planning and driving communication efforts between the organisation and its publics, to keep them informed of company developments with the view of maintaining and building a positive image of the Company. The job holder will be responsible for communicating new developments and organizational changes with the media and other interested parties in a way that allows for fair assessment of the company, attracts investors and increases value and marketability of its shares. This role reports to the Head- Corporate Communication.
- Set targets and define objectives for Corporate Communication operations;
- Decide priorities that will control the choice of publics, media to reach them, timing of operations and best use of manpower and other resources such as equipment;
- Formulate, align and guide public and investor relations policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain the Company’s investor relations plan;
- Identify main audience groups and determine the best way to communicate information to them;
- Respond to requests for information from the media, customers and other people external to the Company;
- Company spokesperson;
- Develop and implement media strategies in support of Company objectives;
- Develop and distribute media releases to the full range of media outlets including local, regional and international print, television, radio and new media and proactively seek media opportunities;
- Manage and execute strategies for social media;
- Evaluate and report on the reach and impact of media activities through regular media monitoring;
- Research and author articles for staff, industry and other publications and media outlets;
- Create and maintain media contact lists, liaise with individuals and media outlets, cultivate and manage relationships with key media partners including journalists, outlets, agencies and contractors;
- Prepare information for, develop and update media kits;
- Coordinate the development, production and regulate distribution of audio-visual materials, web-based advertisements and publicity and other broadcast media materials;
- Proactively manage editorial calendars;
- Evaluate and manage advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with PR efforts;
- Develop, maintain and protect Company’s corporate image and identity, which includes use of logo and (other) signage;
- Coordinate production of corporate newsletter;
- Manage internal communication platforms including suggestion boxes and notice boards;
- Confer with Human Resources to develop internal communication tools and initiatives that keep employees informed about Company activities;
- Draft speeches for Company executives, arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them;
- Analyse and measure results of PR programs;
- Lead the Planning , coordination and management of special Company events including press conferences, plant tours, handovers and exhibitions;
- Monitor and assess changes and trends in ownership of the Company’s stock;
- Create initiatives to increase shareholder value and positively impact share price;
- Work with the transfer secretary to ensure that all shareholder information is kept correct and current at all times;
- Manage issues pertaining to ESOP and employees’ sell of shares;
- Timely disburse dividend pay-outs;
- Continuously update shareholder register in consultation with transfer secretary;
- Ensure full and timely disclosure of material information, and work with Legal in complying with the rules of the SEC, LuSE and other relevant regulatory bodies;
- Serve as the key and primary point of contact for the investment community; respond to requests for information from shareholders, professional investors, brokers and the (financial) media;
- Ensure that the Company’s activities and objectives are understood and Company is positively regarded in the financial and capital markets and the investment community (reinforce favorable corporate identity in the financial markets and with the business media);
- Create and distribute annual report, presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for results releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers and investors; conferences, perception studies, inquiries and feedback analysis;
- Maintain close contact and productive relations with LuSE, SEC and (sponsoring) broker(s), the Company’s (investment) bankers, and institutional investors who follow the Company or hold sizeable positions in its stock;
- Provide feedback to management regarding the investment community’s perception of the Company;
- Organise the Annual General Meeting of the Company in liaison with the Legal department;
- Ensure consistent corporate image for internal and external investor relations communications and generally foster a consistent and positive corporate image;
- Develop and manage Company website and intranet, the latter in collaboration with Telecommunications and Information Systems department;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive information catalogue, including key stakeholder contact databases, relevant to the Company and to meet internal and external requests;
- Set up and manage audio-visual, photo and press libraries (maintain relevant company archives);
- Lead and coordinate annual report production and distribution process;
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports, and as requested;
- Develop and periodically review policies for the Company’s corporate responsibility programme;
- Identify, undertake and oversee implementation of CR projects;
- Perform any other duties related to the function as requested by management;
- Organize and conduct investor/analyst meetings, road shows and conferences; and
- Maintain up-to-date contacts with financial analysts through private/group meetings.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Minimum Degree in Communication or equivalent, from a reputable institution.
- 3 years’ industry experience at management level.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Media relations and interaction experience.
- Experience with internal senior management and external stakeholder engagement.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link
https://forms.office.com/r/wAM9kpb8DB and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted at this stage. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 11th August 2023.
CEC is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its staff. Suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.