We invite applications from suitably qualified and innovative individuals to take up the position of Technician – Electrical to be based in Kitwe.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out regular way leave patrols in order to inspect and determine the condition of all the Company transmission lines and ancillary equipment for effective operation and operational readiness. This role will be reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance – Lines.
- Conduct regular wayleave patrols to effectively check condition of infrastructure to facilitate quick repairs.
- Identify possible defects on structure for immediate reporting to maintenance crew for action.
- Ensure that identified defects are promptly communicated to control room to facilitate timely maintenance.
- Monitor wayleave clearing activities to ensure effective execution to guarantee protection of transmission lines against bush fire.
- Participate in tower erection and maintenance activities to consolidate team work.
- Carry out lines patrol activities in the most effective and efficient manner to ensure that same are performed right the first time.
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned to him from time to time in compliance with company programs of multi-skilling.
- Undertake and complete given assignment within allocated time frame to avoid unnecessary overtime.
- Ensure that all company resources under the section are used solely for company purposes and that there is no misuse of assets such as vehicles, tools etc..
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate.
- Certificate in Electrical.
- Full Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience.
- Good analytical and observational skills.
- Expert knowledge in transmission line structures and/or components.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link https://forms.office.com/r/wAM9kpb8DB and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 2nd February 2024.
CEC is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its staff. Suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to provide easily accessible contact numbers and active email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.