NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Twenty-Second Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Members of Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc will be held at 10:00 hours, on Wednesday, 30th September 2020.
The AGM proceedings will be conducted electronically via Zoom and a call back telephone service, details of which will be shared with Members that will successfully register on the link provided below:
A. Call to Order
- Call to order, tabling of proxies and announcement concerning quorum in attendance.
B. Resolution 1 – Adoption of Minutes – Friday, 29th March 2019
- To consider and adopt the minutes of the Twenty-First Annual General Meeting held on Friday, 29th March 2019
C. Resolution 2 – Adoption of Directors’ Report and Financial Statements
- To receive and adopt the Directors’ Report and the Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2019 together with the Report thereon of the auditors.
D. Resolution 3 – Ratification of Dividend Payment
- To ratify the dividend payment made on 4th March 2019.
E. Resolution 4 – Appointment of Auditors
- To consider and adopt the recommendation for the appointment of Messrs PricewaterhouseCoopers as Auditors of the Company.
F. Resolution 5 – Appointment of Directors
- To consider and adopt the recommendation of the Board for the appointment of Mr. London Mwafulilwa and Dr. Patrick Nkanza as Directors of the Company in accordance with Article 14.4 of the Articles of Association.
- Mr. London Mwafulilwa and Dr. Patrick Nkanza will retire at the AGM. The Directors recommend the appointment of Mr. Mwafulilwa and Dr. Nkanza as Directors in accordance with Article 14.4 of the Articles of Association, to hold office until the conclusion of the next AGM of the Company at which they will retire.
G. Resolution 6 – Directors’ Remuneration
- Variation of Directors’ Renumeration.
H. To transact such other business as may properly be transacted at an AGM.
By order of the Board
Julia C Z Chaila (Mrs)
Issued in Lusaka, Zambia on Monday, 7th September 2020
|Lusaka Securities Exchange Sponsoring Broker|
|T | +260-211-232456
W | www.sbz.com.zm
Stockbrokers Zambia Limited (SBZ) is a registered member of the Lusaka Securities Exchange and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia
First Issued on 7th September 2020
- The proceedings of the AGM will be streamed live through Zoom and a telephone call back facility using the details that will have been be shared with Members after successful registration on the link provided below:
Registration Link: https://eagm.creg.co.zw/eagm/Login.aspx
Telephone Call Back Number: +260 211 450073
NB: The call will be at no cost to Members.
- Please note that Members are required to register for the AGM in advance of the meeting on the link provided in (a) above.
- To register for the AGM, a Member must have a working email and an active cell phone number.
- The window for registration for the AGM shall be open on Wednesday, 9th September 2020 and automatically close at the commencement of the AGM on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
- After registering, a Member will receive a confirmation email and SMS (text) containing information about joining the AGM.
- After registering, a Member will also receive their Lusaka Securities Exchange (LuSE) ID number which they must have on the day of the AGM in order to vote on the resolutions.
- To fully participate in the AGM, a Member must have a reliable internet connection.
- Queries on how to log into the AGM, registration or on the voting process can be channelled to Corpserve Transfer Agents on mobile numbers +260 979420470 (Joseph Phiri) or +260 977519641 (Mutinta Chileshe); by email on [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] or to the Copperbelt Energy Corporation Telecommunications and Information Systems Department on mobile numbers +260 966826759 (Choolwe Nalubamba), +260 965835700 (Parton Chulu) or +260 967686924 (Mainza Mwiinga) and by email to [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
- A Member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy by form of proxy or power of attorney to attend and vote in his/her/its place. Such proxy need not be a Member of the Company. The instrument appointing a proxy and, if applicable, the authority under which it is signed, must be deposited at the office of the Company Secretary at Headquarters, 23rd Avenue Nkana East, Kitwe or alternatively deposited at the Lusaka offices of CEC on 2nd Floor Green City, Stand 2374, Kelvin Siwale Road, Off Thabo Mbeki Road, Lusaka opposite the showgrounds or sent by email to the Company Secretary at [email protected], not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for holding the meeting.
- In accordance with Article 12.1 (2) of the Articles of Association of the Company, two Members holding between them a majority in nominal value of the issued ordinary shares of the Company present in person or by proxy will be deemed to form a quorum.
- Ordinary Resolutions are passed if more than half of the votes are cast in favour of the resolution.
Members are advised that the Company has a website providing information on the AGM. Posted on the website are copies of the Notice and Agenda for the AGM, the appropriate Forms of Proxy, the Annual Report of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2019 and other relevant documents. The Company’s web address is https://cecinvestor.com.
CEC | 2019 annual report.pdf