NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Twenty-Third Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Members of Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc will be held on Friday, 30th April 2021 at 10:00 hours to transact the business set out below.
The AGM proceedings will be conducted online using a designated platform, details of which will be shared with members that will successfully register on the link shown here under.
- To consider and adopt the minutes of the Twenty-Second Annual General Meeting held on Friday, 30th September 2020.
- To receive and adopt the Directors’ Report and the Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2020 together with the Report thereon of the auditors.
- To ratify the dividend payment made on 21st December 2020.
- To consider and adopt the recommendation for the appointment of the Auditors of the Company.
- To elect Directors of the Company in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Company.
- To transact such other business as may properly be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
- The proceedings of the AGM will be streamed live through a designated online conferencing platform. The online conference connection details will be shared after successful registration on the link provided below.
Registration Link: https://eagm.creg.co.zw/eagm/Login.aspx
- Please note that Members are required to register for the AGM in advance on the link provided in (a) above.
- To register for the AGM, a Member must have a working email and an active cell phone number.
- The window for registration for the AGM shall be open on Friday, 9th April 2021 and automatically close at the commencement of the AGM on Friday 30th April 2021.
- After registering, a Member will receive a confirmation email and sms (text) containing information about joining the AGM.
- After registering, a Member will also receive their Lusaka Securities Exchange (LuSE) ID number which they must have on the day of the AGM in order to vote on the resolutions.
- To fully participate in the AGM, a Member must have a reliable internet connection.
- Queries on how to log into the AGM, registration or on the voting process can be channelled to Corpserve Transfer Secretaries on mobile number +260 955 899375 or by email to [email protected] and [email protected]
- A Member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint any person(s) (whether a member(s) of the Company or not) to attend and, on a poll, to vote in his/her stead in such manner as the member shall direct. Proxy forms have been included in the Annual Report pack and should be lodged before commencement of the meeting, with the Company Secretary at the Registered Office, CEC Headquarters, 23rd Avenue Nkana East, Kitwe or alternatively deposited at the CEC Lusaka offices on 2nd Floor GreenCity, Stand 2374, Kelvin Siwale Road, Off Thabo Mbeki Road, Lusaka opposite the showgrounds or sent by email to the Company Secretary at [email protected] or [email protected]
- In accordance with Article 12.1 (2) of the Articles of Association of the Company, two Members holding between them a majority in nominal value of the issued ordinary shares of the Company present in person or by proxy will be deemed to form a quorum.
- Ordinary Resolutions are passed if more than half of votes are cast in favour of the resolution.
Members are advised that the Company has a website providing information on the AGM. Posted on the website are copies of the Notice and Agenda for the AGM, the appropriate Forms of Proxy, the Annual Report of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2020 and other relevant documents. The Company’s web address is https://cecinvestor.com.
By Order of the Board
Julia C Z Chaila
Issued in Lusaka, Zambia on 08 April 2021