“Energy Transition and the Implication on Energy Supply in DRC – CEC Perspective”: presentation by Owen Silavwe, Chief Executive Officer, delivered today at the DRC Mining Week Expo and Conference in Lubumbashi.
- As the world is increasingly concerned with climate change
- Various stakeholders are moving forward with solutions to help with mitigation.
- The energy sector has a big role to play in contributing to the reduction of carbon emissions.
Drivers of Energy Transition
- Government regulation and policies that
- Support decarbonization
- Subsidised tariffs until renewables became competitive
- Diversification of energy mix as a means to mitigate impacts of climate change e.g. investments in renewables such as solar
- Companies signing up to standards that foster sustainable environment and development.
- Companies are setting their net zero emission targets