Introduction and description
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (CEC) is an independent power transmission and Distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region including optic fibre based telecommunications.
CEC has a canteen with full facilities within the company premises in Kitwe that caters for all employees. CEC is looking for caterers and restaurateurs to operate the canteen on lease agreement.
CEC now invites bids from reputable and experienced restaurant, canteen and catering operators for provision of canteen services for the staff.
The staff canteen is located on property no. 3614 along 23rd Avenue Nkana East, Kitwe at CEC’s Central Switching Station (CSS) and approximately 4.0 Kilometers from the Central Business District.
- Interested parties or bidders should have at least two years experience in running successfully any restaurant canteen/catering agency and should be able to demonstrate management ability and financial status to manage the above-mentioned business.
- Duly completed bids must reach CEC by 12:00 hours on Wednesday 30th November 2016 and shall be deposited in the tender box located at the CEC Security Reception.
- Property viewing arrangements should be made through the Manager – Administration on the following contact numbers: +260212-244197 and 260212-244342 or e-mail: [email protected]; [email protected] between Tuesday 22nd November 2016 and Thursday 24th November 2016 both dates inclusive.
Bids sealed and clearly marked “Lease of CEC Canteen” addressed to the Senior Manager-Procurement & Supply PO Box 20819, Kitwe Zambia must be deposited not later than Wednesday 30th November 2016 at 12:00 hours local time in the Tender Box at CEC Security Reception, Central Street, Nkana East, Kitwe.
The closing date for the receipt of bids is Wednesday 30th November 2016 at 12:00 hours. All posted bids must reach CEC within the stipulated date and time and any bid received after the time and date as above will not be accepted. Bids will be opened thereafter in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
Clarification during evaluation
- During the evaluation, CEC Plc may request the applicant for any clarifications .The applicant shall furnish the necessary clarifications expeditiously by courier or by any other faster means of communication to CEC Plc at the address given.
- Failure to provide information essential to evaluate the applicant’s qualifications, or provide timely clarifications shall entitle CEC Plc the right to declare such a bidder as non-responsive and reject the document.
Note that telefax or electronic bids will NOT be considered.