About the Role
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (CEC) currently has a career opportunity for DRIVERS (x2). The job holder will be responsible for driving any assigned Company vehicles in order to transport authorized personnel and freight to and/or from various worksites and locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Undertake comprehensive and thorough vehicle inspections to ensure they are roadworthy and safe. Complete internal transactional documentation including vehicle pre-journey checklist and log books, and related forms by inserting the relevant information (quantitative/qualitative) and/or details of activities.
- Drive a range of vehicles such as buses, vans and trucks; which the jobholder is duly licensed for.
- Ensure prompt delivery of all assignments as directed and maintain accurate records thereof.
- Promptly advise the Supervisor-Transport or any other designated official of any disruptions to the expected delivery of assignments due to weather, traffic conditions or other exigencies encountered in the course of duty.
- Identify and report vehicle defects and accidents to all concerned parties/relevant authority as appropriate.
- Strictly adhere to all road and traffic legislation, regulations and applicable Company policies, procedures and cardinal rules.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable Health, Safety, and Environment policies and standards.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers and relevant others to achieve business objectives.
Qualifications and experience
- Essential: Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Desirable: Valid SADC Class CE Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of professional full-time chauffeur or driving experience.
- An overall accident-free driving record of 5 years.
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian road traffic legislation, regulations and cardinal rules, and familiarity with driving conditions and restrictions.
- Sound knowledge of road networks in the major cities and towns of Zambia and thoroughly acquainted with the layout of Kitwe and other Copperbelt towns.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic automotive inspection and maintenance procedures and working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Physical stamina to drive and remain alert while driving for an aggregate or continuous period of up to eight (8) hours.
- Well-disposed to short notice in the assignment of trips, tight delivery schedules and driving in all kinds of weather.
- Skills to operate a mobile crane of 30 to 70 tonnes an added advantage.
- Applicants are requested to provide working contact telephone numbers.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The successful applicant will be required to take up the appointment immediately.
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., Dexter Mwewa_Driver). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The closing date is Friday, 13 March 2020.