The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Engineer – SCADA based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Manager – Cyber Security.
To provide efficient, reliable and effective SCADA network through planning, designing, directing, implementing of condition-based maintenance and repair of all SCADA equipment / facilities vital for continuous supply of electricity to CEC customers.
- Plan, develop and implement efficient and effective condition-based maintenance / repair procedures to facilitate rapid fault investigations and quick restoration of SCADA services to sustain operations and maximize equipment availability.
- Reduce the down time of critical SCADA equipment connected to the system by quick restoration of service in order to maintain system integrity and enhance system security.
- Document emergency preparedness and exercises regularly make system and data backups and ensure up-to-date off-site storage.
- Regularly carry out Disaster Recovery exercises to guarantee recovery of SCADA network in CATIII or any other catastrophic failure.
- Ensure optimum availability of critical insurance spares
- Ensure 100% availability of SCADA inverter systems.
- Proactively, carry out regular checks and proof tests to manage capacity of the Inverter system.
- Ensure availability of extra capacity to allow for growth and unanticipated failure of modules.
- Develop effective equipment condition-monitoring programs through SCADA system studies, equipment performance, worldwide technological developments, obsolescence of installed equipment and engineer modifications to the system network to meet revised requirements.
- Formulate budget estimates / expenditure for the section and review recurrent expenditure to ensure compliance to guide lines and approved budgets.
- Proactively ensure all SCADA network and peripheral drawings are up to date.
- Ensure all changes are appropriately updated with all relevant offices.
- Ensure optimum availability of spares and control of resources i.e. labour, transport and material to support condition based maintenance, repair of faulty equipment and installation assignments to sustain operations
- Undertake specific SCADA network projects as required to meet company operating requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Train, develop and motivate subordinates in order to improve individual proficiency and core competence to enhance engineering standards in the section.
- Promote, Foster and ensure adherence to statutory and domestic safety rules and regulations in particular those relating to safe working practices in order to minimize injury to personnel and damage to company assets and environment.
Qualifications and Experience
||Grade 12 Certificate.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering, or equivalent.
Professional and relevant certification is an added advantage.
||Registered Engineer of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
||At least 5 years post graduate experience
- Project management
- Business Administration
- Technical planning – robustness, stability, scaling, security, etc. of technology solutions.
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., GemstoneGobe_Engineer – Cyber Security). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is 23 May 2018.