The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the following position.
To carry out effective and cost efficient maintenance work on high voltage overhead transmission lines.
- Carryout transmission line maintenance to ensure stable and continuous power supply to customers;
- Carryout Routine and Post Fault Patrols on 11kV, 66kV and 220kV overhead lines;
- Compile Routine and Post Fault Patrol reports and Maintenance works orders to facilitate good maintenance record;
- Check possible defects on transmission lines and lifting equipment;
- Facilitate new equipment installation to satisfy customers’ needs;
- Facilitate equipment maintenance works in accordance with system, safety regulations to avoid accidents;
- Ensure that repaired equipment is thoroughly tested for compliance to required service standards;
- Carryout Transmission Line Maintenance and Repairs in the most effective and efficient manner to ensure that same are performed right the first time and within allocated time;
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned from time to time in compliance with Company programmes of multi-skilling;
- Ensure that all Company resources under the section are used solely for Company purposes;
- Ensure that working surroundings are always kept in a clean and tidy state for good housekeeping;
- Ensure that maintenance work is carried out in accordance with system and safety regulations to avoid accidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 full Certificate;
- Electrical Technician Certificate;
- 3 years working experience;
- EIZ membership;
- Experience in Transmission Line Maintenance and confirmed ability to work at heights will be an added advantage.
- Applicants are requested to provide contact daytime telephone numbers;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted;
- The successful applicants will be required to take up the appointments immediately.
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., Dexter Mwewa_Technician – Lines). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
The closing date is Monday 26 February 2018.